It’s easy to stop WhatsApp from saving photos and downloading photos to your Android Phone and prevent your device from getting cluttered with unneeded WhatsApp images and video.
Stop WhatsApp From Saving Photos on Android Phone
The default setting of WhatsApp is to transfer and backup all sent Photos or Videos in the Photos app to the Android Phone.
As you might imagine the default setting may cause your Android phone getting flooded with all sorts of undesirable WhatsApp videos and photos.
Along with cluttering with clutter in your Photo Gallery and taking up storage space Some WhatsApp images could get you in hot water in the event that they are unsuitable or controversial.
We have therefore provided below steps to stop WhatsApp from downloading automatically and saving pictures to an Android Phone.
1. Stop WhatsApp from auto-downloading photos on Android Phone
Follow the steps below to stop WhatsApp from downloading and saving images to the back of your Android Phone.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap the 3 dots menu icon and then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. On the Settings screen, click on Data and Storage usage.
3. On the next screen, tap When connected to WiFi.
4. On the pop-up remove the checkmarks for Photos and Videos and click OK.
5. Similarly, tap on the option When you are using mobile Data and then disable Videos and Photos from the pop-up.
Following this, WhatsApp won’t be able to download automatically Photos and videos to Your Android Phone.
NOTE: This setting only is applicable to new Chats and videos that have been downloaded before. WhatsApp Videos and photos will be accessible in your phone.