There are numerous reasons to why you’re not able to access the “None” option on the Apple ID payment information screen. If you can pinpoint the reason you’ll be able to activate the option to enable None on the Apple ID’s payment Information screen.
The Apple ID Payment Information Screen is missing none of the options. Apple ID Payment Information Screen
If you select the “None” option isn’t available on the Apple ID billing and payment information screen, you will not be able to set up an Apple ID without Credit card or erase your current credit card details to Apple ID.
In its site Apple offers the reasons when they will notify you when the “None” Payment option is removed or disappears from the Apple ID Payment Information screen.
- If you are using Family Sharing,
- There is a balance that has not been paid or outstanding payments
- You’ve subscribed to services that automatically renew automatically
- If you’re using iTunes and App Store for the first time, you will need to log in.
- You’re trying to switch your country or region.
- It is not the Country in which you’re trying to establish your Apple ID.
When you have identified the reason behind that “None” Payment option not working It is easy to enable the None option on the Apple ID Payment information screen.
1. Disable Family Sharing
The most commonly cited cause for “None” option not showing on the Apple ID screen for payment information can be attributed the fact that Family Sharing being enabled on the iPhone or your iPhone being component of the Apple Family Sharing program.
If you wish to enable”None,” or the “None” option You will need to turn off Family Sharing in the iPhone and iPad by following the steps listed below.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and then tap on your name.
2. On the next screen, you can tap Family Sharing.
3. On the Family Sharing screen, tap your name.
4. On the next screen, click stop Family Sharing.
Notice: If you are an organizer, you will be able to see “Stop Family Sharing” and if you’re an active member, you will find “Leave Family Sharing” option.
2. Paying Balance on Checks and In-Pending Payments
There isn’t a “None” pay option when you’ve got an unpaid balance or if the payment due to Apple Service has become due.
So, take a glance at the Purchase History and determine the outstanding balance. When the balance that is not paid has been paid then it will be possible to select “None” choice for payment will be available to choose.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad and then tap on your name.
2. On the next screen, click on iTunes & App Store.
3. On Apple ID and App Store, click to access Your Apple ID.
4. On the pop-up that appears, tap the”View Apple ID option.
5. If prompted enter your Apple ID password, and then on the following screen click the Purchase History.
6. On the next screen, you’ll be able see whether or not you’ve got any dues pending.
NOTE: In case of Family Sharing the user won’t be aware of the items that other family members have purchased.
3. Cancel Subscriptions
In the event that you have an account for an Apple Service such as Apple Music or subscriptions in-App for services that provide content, such as Netflix, Spotify and others however, you won’t be able access”None” as a payment option “None” pay option.
You’ll be able to select”None” as your “None” choice only after you end your subscription.
1. Open Settings > tap on your name, then iTunes & App Store > tap on your Apple ID > View Apple ID
2. If prompted, enter your Apple ID Password. Next, click on Subscriptions and then Cancel Subscription.
4. Utilizing the App Store or iTunes for the first time
If this is the first time you’re trying to access an App Store, you will not see the “None” payment option.
Since Apple’s App Store as well as iTunes include the paid Apps as well as services Apple will ask you to supply the details of your Credit Card information in order to to purchase the paid Apps or services.
After creating the Apple ID you will be in a position to change your payment information to none.
5. You’re trying to change the country Or Region
If you attempt to alter your country or region in the settings of your Apple ID you will be required to offer a payment method and change your billing information.
If you have changed your region or country after which you’ll be able choose”None” to remove your payment method “None” option to remove the payment method.
6. You are Not in a country where you are creating the Apple ID
If you’re setting up your Apple ID for the first time and are not physically situated in the area or Country that you’re making an Apple ID, you will have to choose the payment method.
For instance, if you reside somewhere in the United States and are trying to establish your own Apple ID with a billing address in Dubai You will not be able to select “None” as a payment method.