It is very easy to disable Microphone on Windows 10, if you don’t use the Microphone and would like to turn off the Microphone in your PC to protect yourself.
Disable Microphone on Windows 10
The majority of Laptop laptops come with an internal microphone which allows users to make calls and hold video conference calls using VOIP apps such as Skype and Google Voice.
However, there are some users who don’t use the Microphone in their computer and would like to turn off both their Webcam as well as the Microphone on their computers to ensure security, and other reasons.
Therefore, we have listed below the steps for disabling Microphone on Windows 10 and also the steps to enable or turn on the Microphone again at any point on your PC.
1. Remove Microphone from Windows 10
Follow the steps below to turn off the Windows microphone. 10 computer.
1. Right-click on the Start button, then click on Device Manager.
2. On Device Manager screen, expand the Audio inputs and outputs entries. You should find your Microphone added to this expanded listing.
3. Next, right-click on Microphone and then click Disable from the contextual menu that opens.
4. On the confirmation pop-up, select”Yes” in order to verify.
This will block the Microphone access to your computer.
2. Make Microphone On in Windows 10
At any point you are able to turn on the microphone on your computer by following the steps listed below.
1. Right-click on the Start Button and then click Device Manager.
2. On Device Manager screen, click the down arrow next the Audio outputs as well as audio inputs, to expand the entry for Audio inputs.
3. Next, right-click on Microphone and select the Enable option from the context menu.
This will allow the Microphone to be back on your computer. You will be able to make to make Skype as well as Google Voice calls to your family and friends.